Friday, February 01, 2008

Here I Am...I Am Here


Where’s Your Emphasis?

Occasionally on Wednesdays when Stuart leads “Here I Am to Worship”, he provokes us to prioritize our emphasis in that song. Perhaps go a little lighter on the “here”. Granted, we are worshiping “here” at Central when we’re together, but the “here” can be and should be everywhere, anywhere.

It’s the “I” that is critical.

How available am I on Wednesday nights to worship? How about Sunday mornings? Mondays? Tuesdays,…? Am I worshiping on Thursday afternoon when I’m vacuuming my house? Or on Monday morning when I’m teaching math?

I am here for a purpose. And that purpose isn’t dependent upon my location. It doesn’t change with my surroundings. Wherever I go, will I be there to worship the Lord?

“I am here to worship
I am here to bow down
I am here to say that You’re my God”

No comments:

Post a Comment