Tuesday, March 03, 2009

One word to describe my character is...

Allen wrapped up the “Reverse Osmosis” series last Sunday. He posed these three big questions to us. Ask yourself:

1. Where’s my faith?
1 Peter 1:3-12. Who is it that I’m trusting in?

2. How’s my walk?
1 Peter 1:13 – 2:12. Am I walking in self-reliance or Christ-reliance? One way to tell: watch my obedience levels.

3. Am I growing?
1 Peter 2:13 – 3:7. What am I putting off and putting on? Am I submissive? Jesus showed his maturity by submissiveness, a positive sign of growth.

Then Allen challenged us with this exercise.
Take a moment to really consider your answer.

Choose one word that best describes your character.
Which word would you choose?

Harsh or Holy?
Worried or Confident?
Arrogant or Humble?
Pure or Lewd?
Frustrated or Resting?
Greedy or Giving?
Loving or Selfish?
Forgiving or Nursing a Grudge?

Jude 24, 25 was our ending exhortation—a beautiful encouragement to keep our eyes on Jesus to live a life of dependence, a life of repentance, and a life of confession.

Jesus is the Way to live a pure life in our 21st century world.


No comments:

Post a Comment