Monday, November 06, 2006

Heavenly Verses

Colossians 3:1-2 is a challenge I like to be reminded of. I need more reminders to “look above,” to see things from a spiritual, eternal perspective, to understand that what I see with my eyes and touch with my hands are not the real things.

I also am inspired by Hebrews 12:1,2. Just think of it: “surrounded by a cloud of great witnesses”—Noah, Abraham, Moses…. Such men of faith who were responsive to the responsibilities that God placed on their shoulders. Their races were much more difficult than my life race, yet their endurance, bred from a strong faith in the Father, kept them from laying down and quitting in the hard times. What a blessing it will be when we can listen to their stories first-hand.

The kingdom within now, and the kingdom in fullness later--incredible realizations and goals as gifts from our Lord. I look forward to my “departure to be with Christ” (Philippians 1:21-23), to live in timelessness, spirit-to-Spirit, with the ultimate Giver.

Lisa

****

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

Colossians 3:1-2

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:1-2

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far.
Philippians 1:21-23

No comments:

Post a Comment