Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Season for Fruit

Last year was a bad year for blueberries. Right after the bushes bloomed, we experienced a hard freeze beginning April 1st with temperatures below 20 F for three nights in a row. This resulted in the complete loss of every berry on my bushes. I had to write the year off and wait. This year appears to be a bumper crop year... if it will rain at the right times.

What, pray tell, does this have to do with memorizing Scripture? Look closer at Psalm 1:3 near the middle of the verse, "...which brings forth it's fruit in season..."

There is a place and time when fruit comes, well, to fruition. It doesn't happen all the time! Yet that is exactly what I expect of my walk with God; a constantly fruitful and rewarding experience for myself.

The truth is everything has a time, including the transformation I undergo by being in His Word. I just need to abide in His Word (like the tree planted by streams of water) and patiently wait for the season for fruit. It will come.

It amazes me how a truth so profound can be so simple and so easily overlooked.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment