Friday, September 28, 2007

Does He Know My Name?

What was it like for Mephibosheth to live in fear and hiding for so many years?
And what is he thinking when David’s men show up at the door?

“David is the reason we had to run away! That’s how I became crippled!”
“How did he FIND me?”
“Does he still want to kill me?”
“What am I going to do?!”
****
Why did the sinless, perfect, and all-powerful Creator(!!) of the Universe reach out to the lowest of the low?

Why did He want to know them?
What did He have to gain?
What could they offer Him?
****
What do I have to offer Him?
Does He know MY name?
****
John 10:2-3,14
The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice.
He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me."
****
Isaiah 43:1
But now, this is what the LORD says - he who created you: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."
--from Wednesday's Sept 26 class

No comments:

Post a Comment