Monday, September 17, 2007

You're Vulnerable. Comfortable?

Vulnerable.
That’s what I am before God.
It makes me uncomfortable.

Vulnerable to other people? I’m not too comfortable with that either. If everyone knew all my thoughts, what would they think of me? If I knew all their thoughts, what would I think of them?

We can’t handle knowing everything. We don’t need to know everything. We wouldn’t know what to do with all the information, and would hurt each other worse with it.

But God can handle it.
He knows what to do with all knowledge about me and about you.
Because He knows where my vulnerable spots are, He knows what people to put in my life; what situations I can bear up under; what words of His that I most need to hear.

Because He’s all-good and all-love, my inside stuff is safe with Him. Because He’s all-holy and I’m not, He knows how desperately I need Jesus and graciously provides coverage.

Vulnerable to God. I’m still a bit uncomfortable with it.
But the more I know of Him, the more grateful I am that he knows all about me.

--from Wednesday's Sept. 12 class

No comments:

Post a Comment