Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Move the Dirt

Nine times in the history of Earth people have come back to life and then died again (ten if you count Ezekiel’s valley of dry bones). Have you ever wondered about those people?

What would I do?

Join me as I imagine.

I die, there is a funeral, a grave is filled and, like the Thief, I am in Paradise.

The Thief and I are introducing ourselves along with a man named Lazarus and a young girl who says her dad is Jairus. Suddenly, we are joined by an angel. “Ed, you are wanted back on Earth – back in your old body – alive again.”

“Who wants me?”

“Paul, Elijah, Elisha and Ezekiel.”

“No, thank you. Please tell them that I don’t want to go back. I like it here.”

Gently, from the angel, “Peter asked for you by name.”

“WOW! I am truly honored that an Apostle, Peter, would call my name, but look around at this place. Have you ever been to Earth? Please tell Peter, that I respect him greatly, but I don’t want to go back.”

The angel is gone.

The Thief, Lazarus, the girl, and I are together again. Both Lazarus and the young girl, with knowing looks, tell me “You will go.”

A strong yet gentle soft voice; “Ed, come forth!” It is the voice of the only One to whom I cannot say “No.” It is the voice of the One who, as He is asking me to do, left this place and came to the Earth (that He created). He knows exactly what He is asking. He has earned the right to ask me to come back.

“I am coming but it is scary. What happens when I fail while I am there this time? I am so safe here and so vulnerable there. I will be like I was. I will sin there. I will disobey You again. I will have to die again. I thought all that was past.”

“Yes.”

“Yes?”

“I have not changed, Ed, my grace was sufficient for before and it will be sufficient for now.”

“Tell them to move the dirt.”

“They already have.”

~ Posted by Ed Ditto

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Ed. You've been blessed with a beautiful imagination. You always make me think.

    ReplyDelete