Friday, September 08, 2006

From Misty

The occasion of spontaneous worship that comes to my mind happened while I was in college. We were on a retreat at Mt. Cheaha. I don't even know how many college students were there, but it was around two to three hundred. We were all gathered together and had just listened to "Sounds of the Crucifixion" performed by our drama group. When it was over, we sat there just singing and praising God. I still get chills thinking about how beautiful it was!!

As for my favorite verse, I recently used Psalm 62: 5-8 to encourage a friend and have found myself being encouraged instead (funny how that works). It says:

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge."

I love these verses because they remind me that no matter what is going on in my life and no matter how bad things seem, there is only one answer --GOD!!!!

~ Posted by Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment