Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My List of Things To Be Thankful For....

Oh my goodness! My list of things to be thankful for is so very long. Of course I'm thankful for being alive, my family, my Christian sisters and brothers. Mostly I'm thankful for God's grace. 2 Corinthians 9:15 reads "Thanks be to God for his indiscriable gift", that gift is His Grace. It's amazing how God loves us and rewards us, in spite of ourselves.

Eph. 2:5 "It is by grace that you have been saved." Grace is complex yet simple. It is GOD'S RICHES AT CHRIST'S EXPENSE. For this I am truly thankful. Although I tell Him how thankful I am throughout each and every day, believe me, I welcome the oppotunity to tell Him one day face to face.

I think my Central family should fervently be praying for those that don't know the Lord. We all have personal issues within the Body. Seasoned Christians have come to know and appreciate our avenue of communication with the Lord, i.e.prayer. However, there are those that don't have a clue. It still amazes me when I run into people that don't attend church, never attended and don't think it's important. They don't understand that He and only He can pardon sin. I think we need to pray for them, that they may come to know and love the God we serve.

For years I'd been praying that God would allow my cousin to want to really know His goodness, to seek His love and to allow her children to do the same. She lives in St. Louis, MO. and was reared in the Catholic faith. When she reached adulthood she left her church and hasn't attended any for a few years.

About twenty years ago, while visiting my home town she attended Sunday service with my family. Although somewhat impressed she didn't understand a great deal.

Lo and behold! She's moving to Huntsville with her two boys this weekend. Her youngest will be attending Happy Times and she has committed to coming to Central with me. She says she wants to learn more about The Church of Christ!

It's been a long time coming, but my prayers have been answered.

Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment