Friday, September 22, 2006

A Trio of Women

I could choose to tell of many people who have influenced my Christian walk, but I’ll narrow it down to a trio of women from Central. I was so blessed to be “stuck” in a van with all 3 of them (yes, at the same time!) this past spring for 8+ hours. Only God could arrange a gift like that for me! :-)

I admire Sandra Brown for her honesty and humility. She tells it like it is, yet in a manner befitting a believer in Christ (as well as a Southern lady). She praises others at her own expense, and she doesn’t try to hide her weaknesses. She loves people, and shows them so through actions and encouraging words.

Delois Smith inspired me by her example years ago with her love for God’s word. I remember sitting in Sunday morning class and being amazed at her depth of knowledge always on the tip of her tongue. Her passion spurred me on to follow her lead because I had no excuse but laziness for not knowing the Word better myself. Delois shows by her words and her actions that she wants to please the Lord.

I look up to Sharon Ditto as a mentor of sorts. She’s so gracious to share her life experiences (the good and the bad) with many of us “younger” ladies so we can learn from her successes and mistakes. She also thoughtfully shares newspaper and magazine articles that she runs across that would be helpful to someone else. And I love how she shares her love for her husband. She always speaks of him with respect and sets a great example for all of us in our marriages.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment