Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Compassionate Savior

I love reading passages that describe the compassion that Jesus had. Jesus not only did the right things, He did them with right motives, from a place of sincere love and genuine concern for people. He really loved people; that gives me confidence that He really has compassion on and loves me, too.

Knowing my God is always there, looking out for me, makes my life different from a non-believer’s life. The security I get from being one of His is like a blanket of peace being laid out under my feet. Outward circumstances ebb and flow, and even my faith itself waxes and wanes, but at the deepest level, my inward foundation is unchanging because HE is unchanging. “If we are faithless, he remains faithful—for he cannot deny himself.” 2 Timothy 2:13

Matthew 9:36: When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

Matthew 14:14: When he went ashore he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick.

Matthew 15:32: Jesus said, “I have compassion on the crowd…I am unwilling to send them away hungry.”

Matthew 20:34: Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes.

Mark 1:41: Filled with compassion, Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment