Thursday, October 19, 2006

Life with Hope

In the 26th chapter of Matthew before the Sanhedrin, Christ showed courage knowing His end was near. One would think if ever there was a time to defend yourself, that was certainly it. Yet I think even more than courage, Christ displayed complete and ultimate faith. Proving to me there is indeed a time and place for everything.

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world." John 18:36. This is one of my favorite "life" scriptures. It means we must get rid of anything that plagues the spirit while here on this earth, in order to obtain a oneness with Christ Jesus in Heaven.

Life with Christ is life with hope. It also gives one a feeling of purpose. Of course eternal life is the main goal, but also hope for each day that we live on earth. Life without Christ seems to spawn a type of aimlessness. My life is different because I feel I "owe" Christ. After all, His very life was ransomed for me.

Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment