Saturday, October 07, 2006

Psalm 125...As the Mountains Surround Jerusalem

I thank God for Psalms. And I love the songs that we derive from them--Ed and Sharon did a superb job giving us a sampling last Wednesday night. It was a powerful hour.

Psalm 125 is one that gives me confidence. Trusting in the Lord means we have the power to not "be shaken", which ties into another of my favorite Psalms--Psalm 16:8 "I have set the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand I shall not be shaken."

Knowing that I am enclosed all around (125:2), surrounded on every side by Jehovah God, brings me security and peace. I can't find that kind of assurance and guarantee anywhere else but in the Lord.

"Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion,
which cannot be moved, but abides forever.

As the mountains surround Jerusalem,
so the LORD surrounds his people,
from this time forth and forevermore."

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment