Thursday, October 12, 2006

I have always needed the prayers...

I have always needed the prayers of others! The time that stands out most in my mind is when my son Allen passed away two days prior to his first birthday. My husband and I were devistated to say the least.

I was angry with God for taking my child away. This anger lasted a many years and affected every part of my life. I vowed never to have another child. Not because I was afraid history would repeat itself, but because I had grown comfortable with my anger. For me, being angry with God for taking my child was the ultimate excuse for "my sinfulness". It was exhausting mentally, physically, and a complete waste of precious time.

At that point in my life I needed much prayer. I couldn't pray for myself. Thank God many people were praying for me. Because of His mercy, not Grace, (there is a difference) my anger was taken away. I sincerely repented and asked His forgiveness.

In learning to walk with God, we have difficulty getting into His stride, but once there, we are merged into a personal oneness with Him. That's when God's awesome powers are most revealed to us. I thank God for this revelation. I thank Him because I know my son will dwell with Him throughout eternity.

What encourages me most from Jesus' example of praying is that when HE did so, His only motive was to glorify His Father in Heaven. His prayers were sincerly from His heart and not at all self motivated.

One of my constant prayers is that at all times, I display a Christ like attitude, especially when encountering "the world".

I like to think of myself as a "seasoned" Christian. However logevity in Christ Jesus doesn't mean perfection in Christ Jesus. I'm still trying to get as near as possible though. Sometimes I react to situations like a "babe in Christ." Pray for me.

Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment