Saturday, October 07, 2006

Psalm 116

Of all the wonderful Psalms my favorite is Psalm 116. It speakes of the Lord hearing my voice and cry for mercy. I for one am a wittness, for the Lord has heard my cry for mercy throughout my adult life.

Almost thirty years ago I was diagnoised with a rare blood disorder. Because of it, I've been hospitalized nearly every year since and have had as many surgeries. In Oct.2004, I was hospitalized for nearly five months. I spent eighteen weeks in intensive care. My prognosis was bleek but God showed compassion and my life was spared.

During that time, I was put into a medically induced coma and placed on a ventilator. I prayed to God, then surrendured to His will. To my doctor's surpriseI survived. I truly believe that that's all God really wants us to do, completely surrender to His will. There is no doubt in my mind that He heard my cry and showed His mercy and compassion.

How can I repay the Lord for all his goodness to me? I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on his name in the presence of all his people. (Psalm 116:12-14)

Lately my spirit has been filled with joy daily. Just waking up to a new day fills me with joy. It seems I've developed a renewed relationship with my husband, children, grandchildren and lastly but certainly not least, to God. Praise God, I'm thankful I'm alive and loving it.

One of my favorite songs comes from Pslams 116; "I love the Lord, He Heard My Cry"

Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment