Saturday, October 28, 2006

Spiritual Waiting

When I think about it, it is mostly in terms of me. The time I spend waiting on God. Waiting on him to fix my problems, to iron out my wrinkled character, to change my circumstances.

What I think less about is the amount of time he spends waiting on me.

Waiting on me to get with his game plan, to come to him for help, to finally see him for the good and all-powerful God that he is.

I know he is the more patient one of us. He shows no signs of irritation at me for my tediously slow transformation. Instead, he blesses and encourages me to wait even more on him.

I thank him for not being as impatient with me as I am with others and with myself. And even with him. This waiting stuff trips me up too often in my “do life efficiently” plan.

But perhaps if I conquered it too quickly, and didn’t have to wait for it, I would miss the point of the lesson entirely: to be patient is to be like God.

Lamentations 3:25, 26
“The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.”

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment