Saturday, November 10, 2007

Chapter 3: The Invisible Army

Story, 2 Kings 6

Once upon a time, there was a servant to a man of God named Elisha. The servant knew that war was in the air between his king of Israel and the king of Aram.

All during the night, the king of Aram surrounded the city with a strong force of horses and chariots. Their numbers were great.

The servant awoke early the next morning, and seeing the formidable force, asked, “Oh, man of God, what shall we do?”

The man of God, Elisha, prayed, “O Lord, open my servant’s eyes so he may really see.”

When the servant looked again, the numbers had changed. Not of the enemy force; they remained the same.

But he now saw God’s innumerable army, hills full of horses, and chariots full of…fire!

With God’s great mercy on their side, this uncountable, invisible army would surely save the day.

Question:
Am I more confident in what I can see, than in what I cannot see? Do I have to see it to believe it? Do I understand that I’m really living in an invisible kingdom?

Answer:
* I fix my attention, not on things that are seen, but on things that are unseen. Things that can be seen are only temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18
* Like Moses, I also persevere because I see the Invisible One. Hebrews 11:27
* Because I have been raised to life with Christ, I set my mind on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:1,2
* I walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7
* My mind is not on earthly things because I am a citizen of heaven. Philippians 3:20

MORAL:
Trust invisible things, not things you see.

--from Wednesday's class, Nov. 7

No comments:

Post a Comment