Friday, November 16, 2007

What About These? Natural or Not?

But is David’s story of “unnatural” events a special case?
Got a minute? Look up these stories. Do they seem “natural” to you?

In the beginning God … ~ Gen 1:1

Build an Ark, and I will save your family when I destroy the earth and all its people. ~ Gen 6:13-14

Abram, leave your home and country and go, there is no need to bring a map. ~ Gen 12:1

Although your wife Sarah is 90 years old, I will bless her with a son so that she will be the mother of nations. ~ Gen 17:16

Joseph, I sent you to Egypt in bondage, and you were wrongfully imprisoned so that I could save lives through you. ~ Gen 45:5

Tell the Israelites to camp by the Red Sea, so they can see the deliverance of the Lord! You will never see this Egyptian army again. ~ Exo 14:13

Moses, I will stand before you by the rock at Horeb. Strike the rock, and water will come out of it for the people to drink. ~ Exo 17:6

The 7th time around as the trumpet blast sounded, Joshua said, “Shout! For the LORD has given you the city of Jericho!” ~ Jos 6:16

Gideon, the 32,000 men you have are too many for my purposes. Let them go. I am going to save you with only 300. ~ Judges 7:7

Answer your servant Elijah, O LORD, so these 450 prophets of Baal, the 400 prophets of Asherah, and the people of Israel will know that you are God! ~ I Ki 18:37

My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me! ~ Dan 7:22

Nope, David’s story wasn’t isolated. The Bible is full of stories that display the power of God in spite of man’s weaknesses or the natural way of things.

Hmmm … I suppose that is THE STORY of the Bible!

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
~ Is 55:8-9

So many amazing stories of God at work. And we haven’t even made it out of the Old Testament …
Yet ;-)

--from Wednesday's class, Nov. 14

No comments:

Post a Comment