Sunday, November 18, 2007

Unnatural in the New Testament, Too?

So, what about the New Testament? It’s ushered in with a pretty amazing story, too.

And Mary said, "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant. For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed; for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name. Luke 1:46-49

Some call it the “Greatest story man ever heard.” Definitely fitting, but it is much more than that, isn’t it?

In fact, all of these great stories of faith and of God working are much more...

Look at Heb 12:1, immediately after the run down of the “Hall of Faith” in chapter 11 …
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.” ~ Hebrews 12:1

“A great cloud of witnesses …” Giving testimony that God has been and continues to be at work doing things HIS way.

Does the weight of the evidence make a difference to me?

--from Wednesday's class, Nov. 14

No comments:

Post a Comment